One of the greatest ways to gain new clients are through referrals. It is often underestimated, neglected, or not used to its fullest potential. If used correctly, you will find that referrals are one of the best source of no cost marketing that barely requires any work from yourself…besides becoming referral worthy. Find out what referral marketing is and how you can use it effectively in any business endeavor you have.
Now that you’re hired, there are some other things to think about, specifically, staying hired. Babysitting coupons are a great way to gain repeat business with each of your clients. Utilizing it effectively will help you maintain business with ease while you focus on getting new business.
This time of the year can be very advantageous for babysitters if you know how to do it. Speaking from a parents perspective, there are tons of holiday parties we are invited to (and are dying to attend) – however, the first thing that goes through our head is “who’s going to take care of the kids?”
This scenario is very typical in the average American household. Now that you realize what a great opportunity you have to securing a job, the question is how can you slip your name into their heads so they will call you?
SEND HOLIDAY POSTCARDS.
If you go and take a look in your mailbox this month, you will notice a lot of holiday cards and catalogs from companies your parents may have dealt with. Businesses do this so that you will think of their company during the holiday season and hopefully purchase products or services from them.
You are probably thinking if they are effective or just a waste of paper. Think of it this way: businesses do not like wasting money especially in this economy, they would not do it if it weren’t profitable.
You don’t have to spend too much money on it.
You can design a nice postcard on your computer or buy pretty greeting cards for a more personal touch. You will probably want to stay in the neighborhood so save the stamps and just walk to their house and either personally hand it to them or drop it into their mailbox.
Add some personal touch.
Write a nice personal message letting them know that you are available to babysit if they need to attend a holiday party or get some holiday shopping done. If you have babysat for them before, ask how Susie’s doing or how Ben’s soccer game went. This will remind them that you are personally connected with them and that you remember the little details which can only be gained through personal association which is always a plus.
You have a MAJOR advantage over the other companies mailing them. You know who they are and they know who YOU are. This makes it easier on your part for them to trust you.
Here is a list of reasons you can give for them to use your services:
- Get some holiday shopping done while you watch the kids
- Pick the kids up from the bus stop if they are still out shopping
- Watch and entertain the kids so they can get some gift wrapping done
- Watch and entertain the kids just so they can get something done
- Attend holiday parties
Do you have any other questions on this topic or want to add more reasons why they should hire you during the holidays to the list? Discuss this below!
This season can be the most exciting of all with Christmas trees, lightings, candies, gifts, and ornaments, but can also pose a great danger to young kids. Here is a list of some things to check for when you go on a babysitting job this month.
Busy parents may sometimes overlook little details, not only will it keep you and the children safe, but their parents will be impressed and appreciative of your efforts.
- If they have a real Christmas tree, check to check to see if it is watered. Dry trees pose a huge risk for starting fires
- Make sure the wires from decorative lightings are stowed away from normal pathways. When kids get excited the last thing they will look at is the wirings on the floor that may cause them to have a bad fall.
- Ornaments on the tree also pose a huge danger for kids. When kids are playing they may accidentally brush the tree slightly causing an ornament to fall and shatter. Remember not to play physically active games around the tree.
- If you go and play outside and there’s snow or ice, make sure they wear a helmet. If they slip and fall their fragile heads will be protected.
- Check to see if there are gift wrapping supplies out. Check for scissors and tape, both of which has sharp edges. These items are more likely to be found lying around this month. Put them away in a safe place and let the parents know where you put it when they come home. Put away wrapping paper too, kids are intrigued by them and parents will not be thrilled to come home to wrinkled wrapping paper.
Do you have any other holiday safety tips you want to contribute? Discuss this below.
A young person struggling to make her way in the world may want to come prepared. Babysitting may seem like an easy task but it really isn’t; many babysitters opt to take lessons in order to be aware of the risks involved and the means to counter or prevent those risks. An innocent child’s safety is in your hands! Knowing this full well, will you still refuse an opportunity to take online babysitting courses for free? Of course not!